Cheeky Baby Products Ltd, t/a Cheeky Pants (‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’) is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our website and purchasing our products. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Types of information we may collect about you
- How we look after your information
- How we use your information
- Sharing your information with other people
- Your rights and further information
Please note that our services may contain links to websites or apps that are owned and operated by third parties. These websites and apps will have their own privacy policies that govern the collection and use of your personal information which you should review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites so your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Types of information we may collect about you
When you purchase our products or sign up to regular newsletters, enter competitions or order products we may ask for personal information about you. This can include information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number. If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide us with your personal information. Unless you have this consent you are not allowed to give us your information.
Here is some more specific detail about the information we may collect:
Information you give to us:
information that you provide by filling in forms on our services. This includes information provided at the time of purchase, subscribing to any services, posting material, filling in a survey or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our services.
Information about your use of our website:
- Session Cookies – we use Session Cookies to operate our Service
- Preference Cookies – we use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings
- Security Cookies – we use Security Cookies for security purposes
Information about the device you are using:
we may collect information about the device you use to access our website. We may also collect information about your use of the website such as what pages you look at and what elements you tap or pages you interact with.
Information about transactions:
if you purchase something from us, we will make a record of the details of that transaction and these may be forwarded to our third party supplier, mention-me who manage our customer referral programme, Trustpilot who manage our reviews programme and Harvest Digital who manage our digital marketing programme.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
How we look after your information
Your information will be processed by staff where it is necessary to fulfil an order, process payment details or provide you with other support services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security and when giving us your information you do so at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will hold your information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service. If you choose to opt-out of receiving communications from us, your record will stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
How we use your information
We will use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to send details and updates for the event you have entered
- to meet product orders, requests for services or information and to process *payments and any other requests you make of us;
- to send you carefully selected special offers and promotions from the service you are using by email. You can opt-out of these marketing messages at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the word ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject and including your full name. Please note that it may take up to two weeks to implement this change in your preferences. You will always be given a straightforward way to opt out of our marketing messages each time you receive a communication from us;
- we may use your IP address to identify your location, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
- if we need to contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance;
- to tell you about changes to our service;
- to personalise or improve the way our content and advertising is presented to you online:
- to analyse and improve the services we offer e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience or the most relevant information;
- to manage our competitions and contact the winners;
- to keep our records up to date;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary);
- to enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf;
- to show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter). This may involve showing you carefully selected special offers and promotions;
We provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice
Sharing your information with others
Generally, we will only use your information within Cheeky Pants in order to provide the product you have requested.
We will only disclose your information to third parties where we need to do so in order to provide a service you have requested or improve the service that you receive. We will also disclose your information to third parties when the disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Please note that if you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our services, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, we may use your information to stop such behaviour. In this instance we may use your information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
We require all third parties with whom we share your information to treat it with the same protection we do. Unless you consent we also require that they do not use your information for their own business purposes.
These third parties have access to your information only to perform requested tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose;
Operation of refer-a-friend programme
Processing customer email addresses and certain order data for the purposes of:
- Enrolling customers onto our refer-afriend programme;
- Monitoring the programme and safeguarding against gaming or fraudulent use of the programme;
- Communicating with customers in connection with operation of the programme and delivery of rewards;
- Reporting to [Controller] on the performance of the programme
Your rights and further information
You have the right to access – we maintain complete transparency in data processing and storage – this policy explains what data points are being collected, where these data points are being processed and stored, and the reason behind the collection, processing and storage of the data. If you would like to see a copy of your data, this can be provided free of cost within 40 days.
You have the right to be forgotten – we give all our users the option to erase personal data, and stop further collection and processing of the data. This process involves you withdrawing consent for your personal data to be used.
You have the right to data portability – we can email you your personal data, for which you have previously given consent, and you have the right to further transmit that data to a different controller.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Cheeky Baby Products Ltd t/a Cheeky Pants, 98 Sutton Road, Seaford, East Sussex, BN25 4QJ
Last updated: September 2021